Melanie is 2 years old!
I cannot believe how much my baby girl has grown in the past several months! She talks a lot, understands almost everything, and has the most mischievous smile! She is definitely a “momma’s” girl no doubt about it. She cries whenever i leave the house. She is really SMART! It is amazing to me how much she talks and understands at 2 years old. Comparing her to Vinny, Vinny was a mute! He did not say anything or really communicate with us at all till around 3!
Currently obsessed with:
- Certain stuffed animals / dolls (Kitty, Frozen dolls, Pikachu)
- Wearing jackets (even if its not cold), hats/shoes (even sometimes to bed!)
- Watching Calliou (everyday)
- Playing in Sand / Stroller walks to Park
- Combing my hair
- Hide and seek
- Brushing her teeth
- Saying “I DID IT!” after she accomplishes something
- Drawing (crayons, chalk, dry erase, magnetic board)
- Pretending to talk on the phone
- Making sure she has everything the Vinny does (jealousy issues)
- Singing Frozen/Calliou Theme song, ABCs
- Bouncing on the bed
- Pretending to be a kitty/owl
- Wearing her Ballerina PJs
Currently likes to eat (or shall is say, WILL eat… its a pretty short list!):
- Pancakes/Waffles/French Toast
- Breakfast sausage
- Fried Rice, Mexican Rice / Beans
- CORN DOGS
- Yogurt drink, Apple and Orange Juice
- Fruit snacks
- Japanese Rice Crackers
- Chewy Bars
- Cake, Candy, Ice Cream
- Goes to daycare full time
- Takes one 2-hr nap a day
- Still uses her pacifier (least on our watch) but we won’t let her take it out of the crib.
- Occasionally wants a bottle of milk before naptime, but other than that, she doesn’t drink milk (from us).
- Likes to eat her meals in front of the tv or “on the go” as we call it
Hadn’t posted in a while, so some of these are a little old. This first one is from when she was 19 months old. She went through a phase of really being obsessed with her stuffed animal she calls “kitty”. Today she still loves kitty but it doesnt get dragged around quite as much… But she does get attached to certain things for a few days.
Here she is at 20 months, playing hide and seek. This is the first time i realized she knew the game, and said BOO! LOL!
She also is obsessed with combing my hair, but she hates it when you try to comb hers! (22 months old):
Dr. Checkup – she is underweight but besides that healthy!